Overview of Funding Process
- Sign a mutual NDA with us to protect the confidentiality of the information you provide us.
- Send back the items in our info request list, which includes a precise summary of all your option grants and current vesting schedules.
- We will schedule a series of emails or calls with you where we assess the health and viability of your company as well as the details specific to your particular situation. Most of this work will be done by us using public sources of information.
- You must pass a background check in order to get funding from us. Since your stock will stay titled in your name and will not be pledged as a security, your personal financial standing and credit worthiness is used instead. It is imperative that you be free from litigation, bankruptcy, criminal history, and pass the minimum financial requirements.
- You will receive a proposal from us via email.
- If our offer is accepted, you get a formal contract to review that reflects our financial agreement.
- You will schedule a closing here at our office where you will sign the contract under notary. We will review all the details with you one final time before you sign. If you live outside of the Bay Area, we can discuss other arrangements for the closing.
- At or shortly after the closing, you will receive the funding per the contract.
- In most cases, a separate check to cover your estimated tax needs will be given after you return with evidence that you exercised your options and now own shares.
- The total time from inception to closing is generally two to four weeks.
- Our service lets you capture the upside in your stock options without having to risk your own funds. The money you didn't have to invest becomes free leverage.
Learn more about the ESO Fund
and discover how we can help you
exercise your stock options!
Employee Stock Option Fund
999 Baker Way Suite 400
San Mateo, CA 94404
tel: +1 (650) 262-6670
The ESO Fund does not provide legal, financial or tax advice. The above transaction description is only a general overview of the process.